TapMango Conditions of Use
Last Updated: 2018-12-27
EU residents may also exercise their data subject rights by contacting our Privacy Officer, who is also TapMango’s Data Protection Officer (see Section 10 of this policy: GDPR Compliance at TapMango).
3. What Personal Information does TapMango Collect about Me?‘Personal information’ is any information about an identifiable individual. TapMango collects personal information provided to us using fair and lawful means, and for the following specific purposes:
4. How is My Personal Information Used?TapMango uses personal information responsibly in order to ensure we are meeting your expectations of TapMango Services. For example, we use personal information to:
5. Who is My Personal Information Shared With?TapMango only shares personal information as authorized by you or as follows:
6. How is My Personal Information Kept Secure?TapMango has implemented critical physical, organizational and technical measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of the data we collect. We have also taken steps to avoid accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information. While no system is completely secure, the measures implemented by TapMango significantly reduce the likelihood of a data security breach.
In addition, we recommend that you do your part in protecting yourself from unauthorized access to your TapMango account by ensuring no one else uses your computer or device when you are logged in, by logging off when TapMango Services are not in use and by keeping your password confidential. TapMango is not liable for any unauthorized use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Here are some examples of the data security controls in place at TapMango (this is not an exhaustive list):
7. Not for Children under ThirteenTapMango Services are neither designed nor intended to collect personal information from children who are under the age of thirteen (13).
In order to ensure compliance with the provisions of the U.S. Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and other data protection laws around the world aimed at protecting children, children under the age of thirteen (13) are not permitted to access or use TapMango Applications, and children under the age of thirteen (13) should not provide any personal information to TapMango. You may reside in a country where local laws fix the digital age of consent to be older than 13. You may only use TapMango if you have reached this age of consent, in accordance with applicable local laws. If you do not meet the digital age of consent of your country, you must immediately cease using TapMango Services.
8. Cookies and Usage TrackingA cookie will be used here to mean a Web cookie, being a small text file stored on your computer hard drive, or a token or “mobile cookie” placed in the TapMango app’s local storage, in order to tailor the environment based on your preferences, and track user behavior. This unique code identifies your device to TapMango. Since cookies are only text files, they cannot run on your device, search your device for other information or transmit any information to anyone.
TapMango uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type of Cookies
These cookies are essential to provide you with TapMango Services. For example, they allow you to log in to our Website or app and help the content of the pages you request load quickly.
These cookies allow our Website and/or app to remember choices you make when you use the TapMango Application, such as remembering your login details. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-login every time you visit us or navigate within the Application.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic and how TapMango Services are being used. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors, the websites that referred them, the TapMango pages visited, what time of day they visited, etc. We use this information to help improve TapMango Services, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on the TapMango Website and app. We use Google Analytics and other third party analytics services for this purpose to capture page and screen views.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of TapMango Services by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our app and/or Website or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
Personal information this is no longer required for administrative or business purposes, and that does not need to be archived by TapMango, will be overwritten or scrambled such that it no longer identifies the TapMango user. Keep in mind however that third parties who store data on our behalf have their own retention rules.
10. GDPR Compliance at TapMangoEU data subjects permanently residing in the European Union may have supplementary statutory rights with respect to their personal data as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation EU/2016/679. This includes the right to access their personal data, have it deleted, have it corrected, or object to/restrict processing of such data. If you would like to make such a request, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (Attn: Privacy Officer). In the context of a request for erasure, TapMango will scramble or pseudonymize the data subject’s information to make it anonymous.
TapMango has required our service providers who we entrust with TapMango user data to commit in writing to the continued protection of such data as a data processor. If at any time in the future we plan to share personal data with additional third parties to deliver TapMango Services, we will ensure that they too maintain a high standard of care for such data.
TapMango is a Canadian organization. Canada was the first country outside of Europe deemed adequate by the EU Commission in 2001, under the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (the GDPR’s predecessor). An adequacy finding allows the flow of data from the EU to Canada as a trusted country in data protection.
TapMango uses data hosting providers who have made GDPR commitments of their own. Where data is stored in the U.S. by TapMango’s service providers, these entities comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the processing of personal data transferred from the EU to the United States. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program or the Privacy Shield Principles, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
11. External Links and TapMango Social MediaWe may offer links from our Applications to the sites or apps of our service providers, affiliates or unrelated companies that may be of interest to you. TapMango makes no representations as to such third parties’ practices for dealing with your personal information.
TapMango’s use of social media serves as an extension of our presence on the Internet. Social media account(s) are public and are not hosted on TapMango’s servers. Users who choose to interact with TapMango via social media should read the terms of service and privacy policies of these third party services/platforms.
1. TermsBy accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
5. Revisions and ErrataThe materials appearing on TapMango Inc.'s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. TapMango Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. TapMango Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. TapMango Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
6. LinksTapMango Inc. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TapMango Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing LawAny claim relating to TapMango Inc.'s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ontario without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.